Translation

05 March 2009

To Be Silent No More

WARNING: Some of the material below is graphic and gruesome.

This week, I received my issue of Life Report from Maryland Right to Life, Inc. In it there was an article entitled, "A Woman Remembers: The Choice" by Mrs. Kelly Stauffer.

At 13, Ms. Staufer was pregnant. She went to get an abortion and was "hooked up to [an IV] that [was] meant to put [her] in a 'twilight' state of consciousness." However, the drugs did not work and she remembered it all.
On the fourth day, as I lay on an examination table, my baby began to kick frantically ... more than she ever had before. I didn't realize what was about to happen but somehow she must have known. The doctor entered with a large needle that he shot into my abdomen. After that I never felt my baby move again ...
...
When it was my turn I was surprised to enter a small room with what seemed to be a toilet. I was told to sit on the toilet, lean on the nurse, and push. So I did. I pushed my dead baby into a toilet.

The years that followed were dark. I was depressed ofter suicidal. I felt so guilty and helpless. I tried to numb my pain anyway I could.

Finally I found help through a Rachel's Vineyard retreat. I got involved in the group Silent No More and began sharing my testimony anywhere I could in an effort to break the silence and expose the lie that abortion is good for women.

During reading this testimonial, it reminded me of the analysis I did of the Supreme Court ruling on the constitutionality of the Federal Partial Birth Abortion Ban. I will never forget one quote from an abortion nurse about the intact D&E procedure (WARNING: this is very graphic).
'Dr. Haskell went in with forceps and grabbed the baby's legs and pulled them down into the birth canal. Then he delivered the baby's body and the arms—everything but the head. The doctor kept the head right inside the uterus. . . ."'The baby's little fingers were clasping and unclasping, and his little feet were kicking. Then the doctor stuck the scissors in the back of his head, and the baby's arms jerked out, like a startle reaction, like a flinch, like a baby does when he thinks he is going to fall. "'The doctor opened up the scissors, stuck a high-powered suction tube into the opening, and sucked the baby's brains out. Now the baby went completely limp. . . . "'He cut the umbilical cord and delivered the placenta. He threw the baby in a pan, along with the placenta and the instruments he had just used.'

Do those who are PAAAC read and see what selective abortion really is? (Spontaneous abortion is hard enough, believe me.)

I would encourage those who need more case evidence that women and children deserve better than abortion to go to the Silent No More testimonials page. I especially found these testimonies from abortion survivors informative.

If you (woman or man) have been hurt by abortion, I encourage you to submit your testimonial to the Silent No More Campaign here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment in a civil manner, i.e., no foul language, name calling, threats, etc.