Translation

19 March 2009

Some Marriage Advice

I've been married over just seven years, but I think I have some marriage advice from observing my marriage and others.

If you think the option of divorce is open when you marry, you will eventually divorce. If you do not think the divorce option is open, you will try your hardest to keep from divorcing.

Some might say religion helps since it teaches that divorce is immoral. I would say Christianity helps since you strive to lay down your life for the other as Christ and the Church laid and lays down their lives for each other.

---------

In the same vain as above, I also have some advice about sexual morality as it comes to abortion. When you engage in sexual relations with another, if you think abortion is an option, it will happen.

Before you engage in sexual relations, know that the outcome might be a baby, even if birth control is used. If you don't want a baby, don't engage in sexual relations with another. Period.


Just a thought.

2 comments:

  1. An interesting (and compelling) way to look at the abortion question from the standpoint of unconditional love and forgiveness. I've chosen to think about divorce as an enemy against whom I'm honor bound to wage war every day. Strategy, assault, defense, compromise, coalitions. Same with abortion. Thanks for your post.
    commentcc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I believe, above all else, pray to God for help. (As I say, "Anyone is capable of anything at anytime. Pray to God for help.")

    ReplyDelete

Please comment in a civil manner, i.e., no foul language, name calling, threats, etc.