Translation

01 March 2014

How I Live Now Part I

I just watched How I Live Now with Saoirse Ronan. ***Spoilers Alert!*** This movie could be a Christian allegory. I seem to be seeing a lot of movies recently through the eyes of faith. I wonder if it's because I'm doing more of these movie/music/TV commentaries?

beauty
Image source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mirror_of_erised/9624589945/meta/

The first thing that stuck out was how Ronan's (main) character Daisy, the "I" in How I Live Now, turned from a punk to a lady when she was first introduced to her future love interest.

This reminds me of how people respond to beauty. When we are faced with beauty, we tend to be more open to reflect on the beauty itself and the amount of it in ourselves. When Daisy saw him, she knew that she needed to shape up.

When have you thought the most about Christianity? Was it from a piece of art or music? How did it change you or your outlook?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment in a civil manner, i.e., no foul language, name calling, threats, etc.