Translation

28 October 2009

Phillies in It for Me

Last year, the Phils (Philadelphia Phillies baseball) were in the world series. Unfortunately, my back was in really bad shape last year, so when my first born's Godfather called me when they won the world series (he's a real, real fan), my wife had to tell him that I was asleep in bed.

I thought it was a once-in-a-lifetime-event that I would regret for a long time, if not the rest of my life.

Well, you know what, the Phils had to come back to the world series just so I could redeem myself and have a second chance to watch as much of every game as possible, no matter what the cost (yes, woman; I hope she doesn't read this).

Let's Go Phils! (I do root for the Phils no matter what game I'm attending including the Pirates and Orioles. I'm not weird, I'm a Phillies fan. )

(PS: my full-of-myself wonderings above have been inspired by the full-of-themselves players that we're watching. My wife and I really love Derek Jeeter's aura.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment in a civil manner, i.e., no foul language, name calling, threats, etc.